GHJ Early Career Programs
We know that the concept of taking your first step into the modern workforce can be an overwhelming and daunting prospect. At GHJ, we pride ourselves on making that leap as seamless and straightforward as possible by connecting you with incredible accounting leaders who want to develop and grow our future talent.
Whether you are a college student, recent graduate or beginning a new career path, we have programs that cater to different needs: an Internship Program and an Entry-Level Associates Program. Both programs offer you exposure to a number of different disciplines within the accounting industry, whilst providing training and upskilling opportunities in the process. Start building your excitement as you learn what GHJ has to offer you!
GHJ INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
WHAT MAKES OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM UNIQUE AND SPECIAL?
GHJ offers a paid internship with the opportunity to take on similar roles and responsibilities as our first-year associates. Here are a few things that our rewarding and challenging program will offer you:
- A non-hierarchical structure, working closely with Partners, Department Heads, Principals and Managing Directors
- A thoughtfully curated program that allows you to fine-tune your durable skills and enhance your professional development
- Participating in real-time client projects and engagements
- Experiencing our #BeMore culture and our core values of Bright Minds, Brave Hearts and Bold Actions
TIMING: GHJ’s Internship Program typically runs in the summer and springtime for 8 weeks. Interns are expected to work Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
LOCATION: GHJ is headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles. Our central location provides easy access to public transportation as well as being surrounded by a plethora of restaurants and shops. Our modern office has 360-degree views of Los Angeles and acts as a great space for collaboration and networking, not to mention fun events sponsored by both the Firm and the building (The BLOC). There is even rooftop access straight from our floor! Need we say more?
We do require all interns to be onsite for our training and events. Hybrid working options are at the discretion of the respective department head and resource manager.
- You must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in accounting or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ideally you will have approximately 1 year remaining in your accounting or related coursework
- Having involvement in Beta Alpha Psi or your college’s Accounting Society is highly encouraged
HOW WILL I BE EVALUATED?
At the end of the internship period, your respective department liaison will complete an evaluation based on your performance. This will help determine if you are qualified to be offered a full-time position at the firm!
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Please click here to apply.
- Once GHJ receives your application, you will be contacted for an interview if you meet the above qualifications
GHJ ENTRY-LEVEL ASSOCIATES PROGRAM
WHAT MAKES OUR ENTRY-LEVEL ASSOCIATES PROGRAM UNIQUE AND SPECIAL?
Our Entry Level Associates program will offer you:
- A wide variety of diversified accounting assignments under the supervision of different professionals.
- Opportunity to train and work with different professional software on project assignments.
- Opportunity to build relationships with, and speak to, client personnel to obtain an understanding of their business operations, processes and functions.
- Unlimited access to professional upskilling courses for CPEs and durable skills programs.
- Participation and involvement in the Associate Development Squad to connect and share knowledge with your peers.
- A career advisor that provides career path planning guidance.
- Close work with Department Heads, Managing Directors and Partners
- Curated programming that allows you to fine-tune your leadership skills and enhance your professional development
- Participation in real client projects and engagements
- Experience GHJ’s #BeMore culture and our core values of Bright Minds, Brave Hearts and Bold Actions
- You recently completed your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Accounting or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Involvement in Beta Alpha Psi or your college’s Accounting Society is highly preferred
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Applications are open for the Early Careers Program
- We are always looking for recent graduates to join our firm, with applications open on a rolling basis
- Once GHJ receives the application, you will be contacted for an interview if you meet the above qualifications