In today’s complex and fast-paced economic environment, real estate investors and developers must maintain a watchful eye on finances and spending. Fortunately, real estate operators and owners can gain a competitive advantage and maximize revenues through proactive accounting and tax planning.
The search for attractive investment assets is becoming highly competitive. In order to maximize investment returns for their investors and stakeholders, raise high-quality capital and obtain lender financing, real estate funds and managers must think creatively.
By getting involved early, GHJ can help real estate investors, operators and investment fund managers create tax-efficient structures that will attract high-quality investor capital and maximize the after-tax return on investment. GHJ’s dedicated Real Estate Practice knows the key financial metrics for the real estate industry and is uniquely positioned to provide real estate owners and fund managers holistic business and tax advisory expertise.
For 60 years, GHJ has been a leading provider of accounting, tax and consulting services to the real estate industry. We provide timely and personalized service to our real estate clients locally, nationally and beyond as an independent member of HLB International.
Types of Properties
- Commercial Offices
- Industrial Warehouses
- Multi-family and Residential
- Retail Centers
- Special Purpose Properties, such as Cold Storage and Bioscience Laboratories
- Budgets, Projections and Forecasts
- Buy and Sell Due Diligence
- Cost Segregation Implementation and Consulting
- Financial Statement Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- Joint Venture Accounting
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Consultation for Real Estate Executive Teams
- Overall Tax Structuring, Compliance and Consulting
- Property Tax Consulting
- Qualified Opportunity Fund (QOF) Structuring, Consulting and Compliance
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Structuring, Consulting and Compliance
- Section 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges and Delaware Statutory Trusts
Who We Serve
- Closely Held family businesses
- International U.S. Real Estate Investors
- Private Equity and Traditional Real Estate Investment Funds Backed by Institutional and Accredited Investors
- Real Estate Asset and Investment Managers
- Real Estate Brokerages and Lease Agents
- Real Estate Construction and Developers