Nearly 300 nonprofit industry leaders gathered at Dorothy Chandler Pavilion September 14 for the 2017 GHJ Nonprofit Conference. This year the event focused on the current nonprofit landscape and the state of equity in the sector. The conference brought together prominent thought leaders who shared pressing issues impacting the future of public charities and private foundations.
The event also marked the release of the Firm’s 2017 Nonprofit whitepaper, The Give and The Get: The Future of Philanthropy, which takes an in depth look at the shifting role of nonprofit boards, equity and the current nonprofit landscape.
Keynote Panel: Equity in Practice:
- Fred Ali, President and Chief Executive Officer, Weingart Foundation
- Faye Washington, President and Chief Executive Officer, YWCA Greater Los Angeles
- Moderated by Donella Wilson, Partner, GHJ
How to Survive: Mergers, Partnering, Advocacy and Innovation
- Rebecca Hamburg, Founder, Rebecca Hamburg Consulting
- John Maceri, Executive Director, The People Concern
- Moderated by Mark Kawauchi, Principal, GHJ
The Changing Role of Private Foundations