GHJ held its fourth annual Food and Beverage Conference on Sept. 29 at the Grammy Museum in downtown Los Angeles. Hosted by the Firm’s Food and Beverage Practice Leader Donald Snyder, this year’s event focused on women as both leaders and consumers in the food and beverage industry. The day kicked off with a discussion of the Firm’s whitepaper, Women in the Food and Beverage Industry: A GHJ Report, which was based on a survey of West Coast food and beverage executives. To view the whitepaper, click here.
Other important sessions included the keynote address by Candace Crawford, CEO of Maverick Brands LLC, who spoke on the obstacles women face on the way to the boardroom, plus a roundtable discussion with three top industry players: Ramona Cappello (Founder of Sun Harvest Salt LLC), Ellen Chen (Co-Founder of Mendocino Farms) and Bill Shen (Director of Encore Consumer Capital). The panel’s theme was “Leaders, innovators and consumers: How women are driving the food and beverage industry evolution,” and went into great depth on the issues that women find themselves in when starting a business. The conference ended with a series of interactive questions from the audience.
For more information, please contact GHJ Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Mari-Anne Kehler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More material from the Forum:
- Candace Crawford, Chief Executive Officer, Maverick Brands LLC
- CPA Food Bites blog: From Innovation to Valuation: Crossing the Divide to Executive Leadership
- Donald Snyder, Moderator, Partner and Leader, Food and Beverage Practice, GHJ
- Ramona Cappello, Founder, Sun Harvest Salt LLC
- Ellen Chen, Co-Founder and CFO, Mendocino Farms
- Bill Shen, Director, Encore Consumer Capital