LOS ANGELES, CA (Jan. 5, 2022) – GHJ, a leading accounting and advisory firm, is proud to announce that two of its outstanding leaders and diversity advocates were featured as visionary honorees in Los Angeles Times’ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Magazine created by its B2B Publishing Division. Mari-Anne Kehler, CDP (Partner and Chief Strategy Officer at GHJ) and Derrick Coleman (Managing Director, GHJ Search and Staffing) were included in the issue about corporate leaders making an impact in diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA).
“Mari-Anne and Derrick have led the way to improve DEIA efforts at GHJ and in their communities,” said GHJ Managing Partner Tom Barry. “Through their involvement in employee resource groups, thought leadership and other initiatives, they have paved the way for a more inclusive workplace.”
The Los Angeles Times’ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Magazine features diverse business leaders who are influencing change. Nominees were selected based on their efforts to promote diversity within their organization, their ability to raise awareness in their community and their implementation of these training programs to improve employee inclusion. Mari-Anne and Derrick were both featured in the “Company Executive” category.
MARI-ANNE KEHLER, CDP, PARTNER AND CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER
Mari-Anne was nominated for driving and supporting diversity in the workplace. As a parent of an autistic son with a determination to live a self-directed life, Mari-Anne has been a proponent for disabled self-advocates for over 20 years. Her son is the driving spirit for Mari-Anne’s activist work to advance the rights and opportunities for all individuals.
- Committed to improving diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility efforts at GHJ and in the workplace, Mari-Anne became a Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) in 2020. She is a driving force and leader behind DEIA in and outside of GHJ.
- An influencer and community leader, Mari-Anne continues to be an ally and advocate for those with autism and advises and coaches prestigious organizations in the Southern California area.
- Dedicated to giving back, she is a founding board member of GHJ Foundation, her firm’s vehicle for purposeful and proactive giving.
- A best-selling author and active DEIA thoughtware contributor, Mari-Anne focuses on issues regarding women leadership, diversity, accessibility and disability and has been highlighted as a person of interest in prestigious publications.
DERRICK COLEMAN, MANAGING DIRECTOR
As practice leader in GHJ’s recruiting division, Derrick has used his influence to implement diverse and equitable hiring practices. He continuously promotes and utilizes these practices for clients and encourages his team to do the same. He continues to be recognized for his leadership in diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) at GHJ, in his field and in the community.
- Derrick champions DEIA efforts at GHJ, including founding and leading the Firm’s Black Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) cohort.
- A dedicated member of the Los Angeles nonprofit community, Derrick is a board member at the prestigious Downtown Women’s Center and a graduate of and supporter of the African American Board Leadership Institute.
- He is a sought-after thought leader and advocate of diverse hiring practices and inclusive workplaces. He has been featured on numerous panels and published countless times discussing DEIA practices in recruiting and retaining top talent.
“Mari-Anne and Derrick are very deserving of this recognition,” Tom said. “It is a testament to their commitment to DEIA and creating a better workplace for all.”
GHJ is an accounting and advisory firm that specializes in nonprofit, food and beverage, entertainment and media and health and wellness companies. Previous recipient of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce Employee Champion For Life Work Harmony Award and named a “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal eight times since 2008, GHJ is passionate about helping clients and its people #BeMore by focusing on building thriving businesses and creating a better future.
GHJ works as a business advocate for its clients — providing personalized service and building long-term relationships to help position our clients for growth. Through its affiliation with HLB International, a global network of independent professional accounting firms and business advisers, GHJ is able to partner with other top firms across major cities throughout the U.S. and the world. GHJ’s audit, tax and advisory teams leverage the HLB network to better serve its clients and give clients access to member firms in over 158 countries across the globe.
Also ranked as a top-20 largest accounting firm on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Book of Lists, GHJ has 15 partners and more than 170 staff members that serve over 3,000 clients. GHJ is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), the California Society of CPAs and the California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofit).