LOS ANGELES, CA (Oct. 27, 2021) – GHJ, a leading accounting and advisory firm, is proud to announce two outstanding finalists for the Los Angeles Times 2021 “Inspirational Women in Business Awards.”
- Mari-Anne Kehler, Partner and Chief Strategy Officer at GHJ, is a finalist for Corporate Executive category
- Donella Wilson, who was nominated for her role as President and Chief Philanthropy Officer of GHJ Foundation, is a finalist for Nonprofit Executive category
“Mari-Anne and Donella are long-standing leaders at GHJ and in the community,” said GHJ Managing Partner Tom Barry. “This recognition is not only a testament to their achievements in their fields but equally to their passion for giving back. They exemplify our core values: #BrightMinds, #BraveHearts and #BoldActions.”
The Los Angeles Times “Inspirational Women in Business Awards” recognizes female business leaders who are impacting change in the workplace and in their community. Mari-Anne was nominated for her achievements as a high-impact leader as well as her guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic. A pillar in the nonprofit community, Donella was recognized for her integral role in the formation of and leadership at GHJ Foundation, the Firm’s vehicle for purposeful and proactive giving. Both strong and well-known trailblazers in their fields, Mari-Anne’s and Donella’s achievements and leadership during a time of disruption have been inspirational.
MARI-ANNE KEHLER: A Transformational Leader
Mari-Anne was nominated for her advocacy of underserved groups and women in the workplace, leadership at GHJ during the business disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic, efforts in the nonprofit community and thought leadership surrounding the client experience.
- Committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts at GHJ and in the workplace, Mari-Anne became a Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) in 2020.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, she led GHJ through a brand refresh, helped employees transition to a remote work environment and quickly pivoted the direction of the firm to assist clients through business disruption.
- A community leader, Mari-Anne continues to be an ally and advocate for those with autism and works with numerous organizations in the area.
- Dedicated to giving back, she is a founding board member of GHJ Foundation, GHJ’s vehicle for purposeful and proactive giving.
- She is a best-selling author and active thoughtware contributor.
DONELLA WILSON: A Community-First Leader
As Chief Philanthropy Officer of GHJ Foundation, Donella uses her platform to be a vehicle of change. Donella was nominated for her founding of and leadership at GHJ Foundation, dedication to the nonprofit sector and fundraising efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- She was integral in the creation of GHJ Foundation, GHJ’s vehicle for purposeful and proactive giving to the community.
- Under Donella’s leadership, GHJ Foundation donated more than $125,000 to community organizations, including 15 grant recipients.
- Donella led an internal campaign that raised more than $17,000 in support of COVID-19 relief.
- A dedicated member of the Los Angeles nonprofit community, Donella has given back through her work, board membership and volunteerism.
- A sought-after thought leader, Donella is a speaker and advocate for nonprofits and of women in the workplace.
“Mari-Anne and Donella have paved the way for women and set a great example for us all to follow,” Tom said. “Their leadership continues to guide our Firm and with it will help us achieve continued growth.”
GHJ is an accounting and advisory firm that specializes in nonprofit, food and beverage, entertainment and media and health and wellness companies. The previous recipient of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce Employee Champion For Life Work Harmony Award and named a “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal eight times since 2008, GHJ is passionate about helping clients and its people #BeMore by focusing on building thriving businesses and creating a better future.
GHJ works as a business advocate for its clients — providing personalized service and building long-term relationships to help position our clients for growth. Through its affiliation with HLB International, a global network of independent professional accounting firms and business advisers, GHJ is able to partner with other top firms across major cities throughout the U.S. and the world. GHJ’s audit, tax and advisory teams leverage the HLB network to better serve its clients and give clients access to member firms in over 158 countries across the globe.
Also ranked as a top-20 largest accounting firm on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Book of Lists, GHJ has 15 partners and more than 160 staff members that serve over 3,000 clients. GHJ is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), the California Society of CPAs and the California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofit).