LOS ANGELES, CA (Dec. 21, 2021) – GHJ, a leading accounting and advisory firm, is thrilled to announce that two partners were featured in the Los Angeles Business Journal (LABJ) 2021 “Leaders of Influence: Thriving in Their 40s” issue. Recipients of this special recognition were:
“I am humbled to receive this recognition for a second time,” Tom said. “This list is comprised of so many dynamic leaders, including my colleague and GHJ Partner Satpal Nagpal.”
The LABJ “Leaders of Influence: Thriving in Their 40s” issue features influential business owners and executives who showcase strong leadership through their success, performance and community involvement. Nominees include professionals across various industries, including education, healthcare, philanthropy, finance, professional services, real estate and technology.
“My passion for innovation stems from my desire to serve our clients,” Satpal said. “This recognition is an acknowledgement of my commitment to the continued growth of GHJ and strive to #BeMore for our clients.”
TOM BARRY: LEADER OF THE FUTURE
Since becoming Managing Partner, Tom has led GHJ to build a new headquarters, grown a dispersed workforce that spans across the U.S., launched GHJ Foundation and inspired employees and clients during a time of extreme trials and tribulations. Tom was nominated for his leadership during COVID-19, workplace innovations, commitment to the community and ongoing thought leadership. Tom’s recent achievements include:
- · He continued to help employees and clients stay ahead of business disruption caused by COVID-19 as the Firm helped clients navigate new legislation and changes and addressed clients’ complex needs.
- In 2021, Tom opened GHJ’s new Downtown LA headquarters as a hybrid workplace and destination for both clients and employees.
- Over the past year, Tom launched GHJ Foundation, the Firm’s vehicle for purposeful and proactive giving to GHJ’s extended “family” – the community. To date, GHJ Foundation donated approximately $48,000 to community organizations.
- Tom continues to produce thought leadership in premier publications about leading through disruption, benefits of a hybrid workplace and the future of accounting.
SATPAL NAGPAL: LEADER OF INNOVATION
As a partner and the Audit and Assurance Practice leader at GHJ, Satpal has been integral in the growth and direction of GHJ. With more than 20 years of public accounting experience, Satpal provides audit, accounting and general business consulting services. His industry experience includes nonprofit organizations and closely held entities operating in a wide variety of industries, including waste management and recycling, manufacturing, distribution, real estate and entertainment. Satpal was nominated for his innovations, commitment to his clients and passion to serve his community.
- Satpal has led the implementation of a number of new technologies that have helped the Firm’s Audit and Assurance Practice become more efficient and effective.
- Satpal’s passion for serving clients and innovation initiatives has encouraged other employees to #BeMore and has changed how GHJ does business.
- He spends his time volunteering and serving on nonprofit boards. He sits on the board of Synergy Academies, which does a tremendous job of closing the achievement gap in South Los Angeles.
GHJ is an accounting and advisory firm that specializes in nonprofit, food and beverage, entertainment and media and health and wellness companies. Previous recipient of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce “Employee Champion for Life Work Harmony” Award and named a “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal eight times since 2008, GHJ is passionate about helping clients and its people #BeMore by focusing on building thriving businesses and creating a better future.
GHJ works as a business advocate for its clients — providing personalized service and building long-term relationships to help position our clients for growth. Through its affiliation with HLB International, a global network of independent professional accounting firms and business advisers, GHJ is able to partner with other top firms across major cities throughout the U.S. and the world. GHJ’s audit, tax and advisory teams leverage the HLB network to better serve its clients and give clients access to member firms in over 158 countries across the globe.
Also ranked as a top-20 largest accounting firm on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Book of Lists, GHJ has 15 partners and more than 160 staff members that serve over 3,000 clients. GHJ is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), the California Society of CPAs and the California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofit).