On Oct. 23, 2018, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., GHJ's Ilan Haimoff, Dan Landes, Micheal Sippel, Akash Sehgal and Frances Ellington spoke at the CalCPA Motion Picture and Television: Accounting and Audit Overview and highlighted tax and audit practices unique to the entertainment industry.
Learn more here.
- Identify the motion picture budgeting and production process.
- Determine capitalization and amortization of film costs: ASC 926, accounting by producers or distributors of films.
- Recognize IASB and FASB new converged standards for revenue recognition.
- Identify the components of motion picture distribution, including revenue and expenses.
- Be aware of entertainment tax hot topics.
- Get more familiar with studio breakevens for profit participation reporting.
- Deal-making, budgeting and production process
- Revenue distribution sources and expenses
- SC 926, GAAP for motion pictures and television
- New revenue recognition standards
- Entertainment industry trends and challenges